Forums » Introduce Yourself

2.Its huge for Slovakia, for everybody the

• December 5, 2017 7:52 PM PST

TORONTO — A tournament that started with an 8-0 shellacking ended in triumph Monday with a bronze for Slovakia, only its second ever medal at the world junior hockey championship. C.J. Mosley Jersey .Captain Martin Reway set up three goals, including Pavol Skalickys winner early in the third period, as Slovakia capped a remarkable competition by upsetting Sweden 4-2.Its huge for Slovakia, for everybody there, said Reway, a Montreal Canadiens prospect. Not only for the success this year but to start thinking that we can win big games like this. And (that) we dont only go to tournaments like this to lose games.The Slovaks won their only other medal, a bronze, in 1998-99, in Winnipeg. Eighth last year, they leave this tournament with wins over Finland, the Czech Republic, Germany and Sweden, losing only to Canada (twice including the 8-0 opener) and the U.S.Slovak goalie Denis Godla, one of the stars of the tournament, raised his arms in triumph as the final buzzer went before he was mobbed by his teammates before a crowd of 13,625 at the Air Canada Centre.Afterwards, he said making the quarter-finals was the Slovaks goal. But he thought they could go further.They did, dispatching the Czechs 3-0 before falling 5-1 to Canada in the semifinals. For Sweden, which had won five straight games before falling 4-1 to Russia in Sundays other semifinal, it was a sour end to a tournament.Its going to be a long flight home, said forward Axel Holmstrom.Sweden came into the game with 17 tournament medals (2-10-5), including a gold and two silver at the three most recent editions.Slovakia had a dream start, up 2-0 on goals by David Soltes and Mislav Rosandic after just three minutes 22 seconds. Outshot 5-0 and trailing, the Swedes reacted by calling a timeout.It felt almost like were trying to overdo stuff at the start, said Swedish coach Rikard Gronborg. Thats the reason why we had to take a timeout.The smooth-skating Swedes began to get their act together and pulled even on goals by William Nylander and Jens Looke later in the period. The Swedes could perhaps have had more but were unable to pull the trigger on a five-on-three power play for 85 seconds.Once trailing the shot count 7-2, Sweden finished the first period with a 15-10 edge.The game turned at the start of the third, with the score still tied at 2-2. The Slovaks started the period on a five-minute power-play after Julius Bergman received a major penalty for interference and a game misconduct for high-sticking Patrik Koys in the neck and face at the end of the second.Thats not good in a situation where you have a tired team, said Gronborg.Skalicky took advantage, beating goalie Linus Soderstrom between the legs from the slot after a perfect pass from Reway at 2:52.Koys, who needed help to get off the ice after being hit by Bergman, returned in the third to get his revenge. Sweden pulled Soderstrom with 2:28 remaining, only to see Reway set up Koys for an empty-net insurance goal at 19:04.Its mistakes that cost us the game, said Nylander, who had seven shots on the night.We were lackadaisical with the puck, he added.Both teams finished with 28 shots.While there were empty seats, the game drew an enthusiastic crowd — most clad in red Canadian jerseys ahead of the gold-medal showdown — that cheered on Nylander every time the Toronto Maple Leaf prospects name was announced. The stylish forward had a goal and six shots in the first alone.While Slovakia has just 11,300 registered hockey players and 64 rinks, it has a developmental program that was home to 13 players on its tournament roster. They forged a team identity as Orange 20 Bratislava, playing against senior club competition.I didnt really expect that we were going to get a medal, coach Ernest Bokros said through an interpreter. But we took it game by game.And we knew that we could play good defensively, But we also knew that if we wanted to be successful tonight we had to open up and play more offensive and score some goals. Godla, given the hook against Canada on Boxing Day, came into the game with a 2.90 goals-against average and .925 save percentage. Godla, eligible for the 2015 NHL draft, led all tournament goalies in shots faced (214) and saves (198) going into play Monday.The Slovak goalie was a fan favourite at the tournament, with the crowd chanting goalie, goalie in his honour.An unbelievable feeling, said Godla.Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter Marlon Humphrey Jersey . The Tiger-Cats announced on Friday the linebacker has signed a new contract with the team through the 2016 season. Tyus Bowser Jersey .com) - World No. 1 Rafael Nadal, Wimbledon champion Andy Murray and four-time Australian Open titlist Roger Federer were among Mondays fourth-round winners at Melbourne Park.NEW YORK -- CC Sabathia is disappointed and relieved all at the same time. Sidelined with a right knee injury, the New York Yankees pitcher spoke to reporters Saturday morning for the first time since the team announced he will have season-ending surgery Wednesday. Sabathia said the news was difficult to absorb and his situation is "not fun." But hes glad doctors recommended an arthroscopic cleanup rather than microfracture surgery, which would have required perhaps an 18-month recovery. "Its tough. Its unfortunate," Sabathia said. "But I feel, I guess, relieved that I have some answers, and kind of a plan in place to kind of move forward." The big left-hander, who turns 34 on Monday, said hes confident he will be back on the mound in spring training. And with a blueprint now in place for his return, he said he was able to get "some real sleep" Friday night for the first time in weeks. General manager Brian Cashman, however, cautioned Friday that theres no guarantee Sabathia will be able to pitch effectively next season. The operation will be performed by Los Angeles Dodgers head physician Dr. Neal ElAttrache. Sabathia said he was told he can resume baseball activities six to eight weeks after the procedure. "He feels good about it, and I do, too," Sabathia said, adding that NBA star Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder had the same surgery and came back fine. "Obviously, youve got to deal with a little bit of swelling here and there, but its something I have to do. My goal in talking to (Dr. ElAttrache) was to pitch the next five, six years and past this contract and be able to go out and do that. So Im confident in that idea." Sabathia also had surgery on his right knee in October 2010 to repair a small meniscus cartilage tear.. Jimmy Smith Jersey. He said he thinks the latest injury was caused by simple wear and tear. "Its something that Im going to have to deal with probably for the rest of my life and eventually have a big surgery, but right now the goal is to keep playing, and this is the easiest way," he said. Sabathia has been sidelined with a degenerative cartilage problem in his right knee since mid-May, and the Yankees all but ruled out a 2014 return after he had a setback early this month while on a minor league rehab assignment. He was hit hard July 2 in an outing for Double-A Trenton and woke up the next morning with swelling in the joint. The six-time All-Star and 2007 AL Cy Young Award winner made only eight major league starts this year and finished 3-4 with a career-worst 5.28 ERA. He is 208-119 with a 3.63 ERA in 14 seasons. After signing a $161 million, seven-year deal with New York as a free agent before the 2009 season, Sabathia had his contract extended in 2011 by one year and $30 million. Making $23 million this season, Sabathia is scheduled to earn $23 million in 2015 and $25 million in 2016. The Yankees have a $25 million option for 2017 with a $5 million buyout. Despite his 6-foot-7, 285-pound frame, Sabathia had been extremely durable until this year. He had made at least 28 starts and pitched 180 innings or more every season of his career, reaching 200 innings eight times. "Its something that Ive never had to deal with. But I am now, and like I said, hopefully this will give me the time to heal and get healthy and come back to be ready to go in spring training," Sabathia said. "If thats the case, and thats the best-case scenario, especially at my age and with everything thats happened and all the innings that Ive pitched and everything, I guess Im fine with that." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '