Forums » News and Announcements

Derrick Favors said.BOARDINGThe Clippe

• 294 posts
    October 26, 2017 3:31 AM PDT

HONOLULU -- Arizona coach Sean Miller came up with perfect ending for his Wildcats. Cheap Tom Brady Jersey .Kadeem Allen took the ball the length of the court and scored with 1.3 seconds left and the 10th-ranked Wildcats beat No. 12 Michigan State 65-63 on Friday night in the Armed Forces Classic.Putting the ball in (Allens) hands in that situation was I think the smart move, and he did a great job finishing, Miller said.The Wildcats fell behind by double figures early.We just got off to a terrible start, but a lot of times when youre not at home and you get off to a slow start, Miller said. You dont necessarily put it behind you, but we did and I credit our team for being able to do that.Kobi Simmons led the Wildcats in the season opener for both teams with 18 points while Lauri Markkanen scored 13 points and grabbed six rebounds. Allen finished with 10 points.Simmons stepped up big time, first half he really carried the team on his back. Allen said. We fed off his energy and just played basketball.I feel like you have to have confidence when you step on the floor, Simmons said. My teammates know what we need to do, and I came in and just sparked the movement.The Wildcats won despite playing without guard Allonzo Trier, who is out for unspecified reasons. Trier was Arizonas third-leading scorer last season at 14.8 points per game.Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges wowed the crowd with some impressive dunks and he finished with 21 points and seven rebounds.The turnovers were ridiculous, Michigan State coach Tom Izzo said. We competed on the boards. We actually did a hell of a job on the boards considering we couldnt give anybody a rest because of the foul trouble we were in. That really hurt us in the first half when we were playing exceptionally well. I thought they turned up the heat, they did a pretty good job, but the mistakes we made were freshman errors and the layups we missed, you cant do that against good teams and win.Izzo took some of the blame for the opening loss.If I look at it big picture, I thought we outplayed them more than they outplayed us and I love their team. I think they have a good team, he said. To compete like we did, theres a positive in that but weve got a long way to go at executing down the stretch. And thats my fault. Just trouble adjusting to the lineups, I have to do a better job.The Wildcats are also missing redshirt freshman Ray Smith, who tore his right ACL for the second straight year during an exhibition game against College of Idaho. The torn ACL was Smiths third in three years, leading him to end his basketball career.Michigan State announced last month that forward Ben Carter, a graduate transfer from UNLV, needed knee surgery that will keep him out an extended period, after he was hurt while defending a shot.BIG PICTUREARIZONA: Michigan State was the Wildcats highest-ranked season-opening opponent since 2001-02 when they opened against No. 2 Maryland. Expect the Wildcats to compete for the Pac-12 title and a potential deep run in the NCAA Tournament. How long Trier is out will play a big role early in the season.MICHIGAN STATE: This was the first of several big tests in November. The Spartans will face second-ranked Kentucky, No. 1 Duke and potentially, No. 13 Louisville later this month. They have never faced three top 15 opponents in November and have never played four top 15 opponents in any month during the regular season.TURNAROUNDSimmons came into the game after the Spartans took the early lead.Kobi Simmons, for a freshman, showed a lot of confidence, a lot of ability. We went into halftime and I think he had 15 of our 34 points, and thats a big reason we got back in the game. Miller said. He has a lot of talent. We watch him every day and I think the best is yet to come for him, too.UP NEXTARIZONA: Arizona faces Cal State Bakersfield on Tuesday in Tucson.MICHIGAN STATE: The Spartans will play No. 2 Kentucky at the Champions Classic in New York on Tuesday. Cheap England Patriots Jerseys . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. Cheap Rob Gronkowski Jersey . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. http://www.cheappatriotsjerseyselite.com/ . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. LOS ANGELES -- Austin Rivers played as many minutes as the starters after coach Doc Rivers saw what his son was doing to disrupt Utahs Joe Johnson.The younger Rivers scored 19 points in 28 minutes, Blake Griffin added 18 and the Los Angeles Clippers routed the Utah Jazz 88-75 in their home opener Sunday.Jamal Crawford had 12 points, and DeAndre Jordan had 16 rebounds despite spraining his right thumb .George Hill led the Jazz with 18 points and reserve Dante Exum added 10. Johnson, who had 29 points in his Utah debut, was held to seven points on 3-of-9 shooting.Johnson was effective to start the game, including a sequence in which he hit a jumper, stole the ball and hit a 3-pointer that gave Utah its first lead. Thats when Rivers came off the bench.I honestly didnt think we would go with him that early with Joe, Doc Rivers said. He actually was very effective on Joe because Joe had it going and once he got it going, we figured throw Austin in and see what we can do.The Clippers took the lead for good in the second quarter on Griffins fast-break dunk. It was part of a 22-4 run over both halves that pushed their lead to 49-35. Six different Clippers contributed to the spurt, led by Griffins seven points .Last year we were trying to figure out each other and not get in each others way, the younger Rivers said. Now the group has one goal. Everyone is focused on winning.Rivers scored six of the Clippers first eight points in the fourth, extending their lead to 77-56. The backup was 8 of 11 from the floor.The Jazz never got a sustained run going in the second half. Two free throws by Exum drew them within eight late in the third, the closest they came in the half.I dont think we played well offensively, our defense kept us in the game for a while, but some of our better players struggled, Utah coach Quin Snyder said.TIP-INSJazz: F Gordon Hayward, who averaged 28.3 point, 8.6 rebounds and 4.0 assists against the Clippers lasst season, sat out his third straight game with a broken finger on his left hand. Cheap Malcolm Butler Jersey. lippers: In the first quarter, Griffin (8,836) surpassed Corey Maggette (8,835) for fourth on the teams career scoring list. ... They won their home opener for the fifth straight year. ... The Clippers have won eight in a row at home, including the final seven games of last season.HURTING D.J.Jordan had a severe reaction upon spraining his thumb midway through the third quarter. He returned midway through the fourth and got one rebound after getting hurt.I was worried because I saw the swelling, the elder Rivers said. Lets just hope its OK.Paul was concerned, too, calling Jordan the most durable guy in our league.Jordan will have an X-ray.NBA DEBUTUtahs Joel Bolomboy made his NBA debut with one rebound, one assist and one turnover in four minutes. He didnt take a shot. The rookie forward helped Weber State earn a trip to the NCAA Tournament last season.He was a little nervous at first, but once he got in there he played well for the short minutes he was in, teammate Derrick Favors said.BOARDINGThe Clippers controlled the boards, 49-43. They had a 14-7 edge on the offensive glass, led by six rebounds from Jordan and four from Luc Mbah a Moute.BABY GIRLGriffins infant daughter attended her first regular season game in the arms of his girlfriend Brynn Cameron.Finley is the couples second child. Their 3-year-old son, Ford, tagged after his mom and new sister carrying a small ball. Ford wore a gray sweatshirt that read Leader of the Pack.It was a family affair, with Griffins parents in town from Oklahoma and brother Taylor on hand.UP NEXTJazz: Off Monday before playing at San Antonio on Tuesday.Clippers: Host the Suns on Monday in the seasons first back-to-back and second of three consecutive home games. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '