Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Custom Colorado Avalanche Jersey

• 63 posts
    March 10, 2019 7:25 PM PDT
    TAMPA Columbus Blue Jackets T-Shirts Authentic , Fla. (AP) Andrei Vasilevskiy put together a terrific performance in another victory for Tampa Bay.One play was especially memorable.Vasilevskiy robbed Anze Kopitar when he put his glove behind his back for spectacular stop in the first period, part of a 44-save Saturday night in the NHL-leading Lightning’s 4-3 victory over the Los Angeles Kings.Steven Stamkos had a goal and an assist, and Alex Killorn, Cedric Paquette and Nikita Kucherov also scored for the Lightning.Vasilevskiy allowed a goal on the Kings’ first shot and then stopped 17 straight shots over the rest of the period, including the play on Kopitar.”To be honest, I didn’t see anything,” Vasilevskiy said. ”I just saw the blade of Kopitar’s stick. I realized I didn’t have enough time to be square to the puck so I made the decision to turn the other way and I got lucky.””I told him to go buy a lottery ticket,” Kopitar said.Jonny Brodzinski, Kyle Clifford and Christian Folin scored for the Kings, who nearly came back from a three-goal deficit entering the third period. Jonathan Quick stopped 13 of 14 shots after replacing Darcy Kuemper early in the second.The Lightning retired Vincent Lecavalier’s No. 4 during a pregame ceremony. Lecavalier, who tops the franchise list for game played (1 Columbus Blue Jackets Hoodies Authentic ,037) and goals (383), joined Martin St. Louis as the only Tampa Bay players to have their jerseys retired.After Stamkos scored 65 seconds into the game, Los Angeles tied it at 1 on Brodzinski goal at 5:02 of the first.Killorn made it 2-1 on a breakaway off a Stamkos pass right after serving an interference penalty.Paquette put the Lightning up 3-1 at 3:12 of the second when his backhander from behind the net went in off Kuemper’s left leg. Kuemper departed after giving up three goals on 14 shots.Los Angeles right wing Dustin Brown received a five-minute kneeing penalty and a game misconduct for a hit on Tampa Bay rookie defenseman Mikhail Sergachev, who returned for the third.Kucherov scored on the ensuing power play.Clifford scored 3:17 into the third before Folin cut the deficit to 4-3 with 6:55 remaining. Vasilevskiy turned aside 18 third-period shots, making a big save at the buzzer on Drew Doughty.”I tried to go blocker side,” Doughty said. ”I didn’t have time to pick up my head and see where I’m shooting it.”Vasilevskiy leads the NHL with 33 wins.”He’s the best,” Lightning defenseman Anton Stralman said. ”There’s no doubt in my mind.”NOTES: Kings C Trevor Lewis, hurt in Friday’s game at Florida when he was checked into the boards, returned to Los Angeles to be examined by team doctors. … Tampa Bay has outscored its opponent 75-45 in the second period.UP NEXTKings: Plays at Carolina Tuesday night.Lightning: Visits Toronto Monday night. NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) The Nashville Predators already sit atop the NHL standings, and now they’ve added another offensive boost before the playoffs.General manager David Poile announced Thursday that the team had signed forward Eeli Tolvanen of Finland Columbus Blue Jackets Hats Authentic , the 30th pick overall last year, to an entry-level contract. Poile credited Tolvanen’s agent, Jay Grossman, with being in Nashville to finalize the last details in time for Tolvanen to be on the ice with the Predators at their morning skate .”This is a great move obviously for today and our future,” Poile said after reeling off some of Tolvanen’s accomplishments in the past few months. ”He comes in at a great spot right now with six games left in the regular season. It gives us an opportunity to give him a look and gives us that depth that we’re going to need in the playoffs. So this is the end of my paper, but I’d like to add a couple more lines here before the year’s over.”Terms of the contract were not announced.Tolvanen spent two years in the United States Hockey League with the Sioux City Musketeers before opting to go to home to play for Jokerit in Kontinental Hockey League. With 36 points, he set the KHL scoring record for an 18-year-old before Jokerit was eliminated in the second round of the playoffs.He also played for Finland in the 2018 Winter Olympics, where he tied for the second-most points by an under-19 player, with nine points in five games.Poile said that production is proof that Tolvanen should’ve gone a lot earlier than 30th in the draft, where Nashville was surprised to find the 5-foot-10 forward still available.”We were looking for an offensive player, one that can score some goals Custom Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys , and it certainly appears on the surface that we found that out,” Poile said.Tolvanen didn’t arrive in Nashville from Helsinki, Finland, until early Thursday. Coach Peter Laviolette wants Tolvanen to watch Thursday night’s game against the San Jose Sharks and to start picking up Nashville’s system. Having watched the forward the past few months, especially his games at the Olympics, Laviolette said he sees a smart player with great offensive instincts.”We hope that that translates here,” Laviolette said. ”We think it will.”Tolvanen’s NHL debut is likely to occur Saturday night when the Predators face the Buffalo Sabres to wrap up a three-game home stand. Tolvanen said he has played on a lot of new teams recently, which should ease his transition. He also credited playing with former NHL players at the Olympics with helping him as well.Joining a team that had an NHL-best 109 points going into Thursday night also doesn’t hurt.”I know they’re a really good team, so it’s easy to jump in,” Tolvanen said. ”There’s a lot of good players, and they’re going to push me forward. I think that’s a good thing for me.”Jokerit coach Jukka Jalonen told The Associated Press that the team is looking forward to what happens with Tolvanen in the NHL. Jalonen said he expects Tolvanen to need time to get used to better opponents and bigger defensemen.”After two www.officialstarsproonline.com , three weeks, a few games, I think he will make an impression there,” Jalonen said.Matching expectations that have grown with every video highlight shared on social media might be a challenge even for Tolvanen. The teen debuted in the KHL with a hat trick on Aug. 23 for Jokerit.Poile thanked Jokerit general manager and Hockey Hall of Famer Jari Kurri for his help in getting Tolvanen to Nashville. Kurri told the AP that the timing is perfect for Tolvanen to join the NHL with so many young players, especially fellow Finns like Patrik Laine of Winnipeg and Sebastian Aho of Carolina, doing well in the league right now.”That will really help him,” Kurri told the AP by phone.—AP Hockey Writer Stephen Whyno contributed to this report.—